Michael Levitt
Member of Parliament for York Centre

My office can assist with a number of federal government programs and services. Please contact us for more information, or consult the frequently asked questions below:

For provincial or municipal programs or services, please contact our local MPP or City Councillor.

Citizenship & Immigration

How long should it take for my application to be processed?
To find the government standard processing times for application, follow this link:Processing Times

How do I find information about immigrating to Canada?
There are a number of different programs that allow you to immigrate to Canada permanently. To learn more about these programs and eligibility requirements, follow this link: Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada

How do I apply for Citizenship?
To learn how to apply for citizenship, follow this link: Citizenship

How do I apply for a temporary resident permit?
To learn how to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, follow this link: Temporary Resident Visa

How do I obtain a student permit or working permit?
To learn about obtaining a student visa, follow this link: Study Permit
To learn about obtaining a work visa, visit:Work Permit

How do I become a Canadian permanent resident?
To learn more about Canadian permanent residence, visit: Permanent Residents

Seniors and Retirement

Where can I find information and services that are relevant to seniors and people over 55?
Seniors Canada On-line  provides access to information and services offered to seniors, their families, caregivers and supporting service organizations.

How do I apply for the Canadian Pension Plan retirement pension or other benefits under the plan?
To learn more about this program, visit: Canada Pension Plan

How do I apply for the Ontario Old Age Supplement?
The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is a monthly payment available to most people 65 years of age and older who meet the Canadian legal status and residence requirements visit: Old Age Security

What is the Guaranteed Income Supplement, and am I eligible to receive it?
The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) provides a monthly non-taxable benefit to Old Age Security (OAS) recipients who have a low income and are living in Canada. To learn more visit: Guaranteed Income Supplement

Veteran's Affairs

I am a veteran. What services and programs are available to me?
There is a wide variety of services for Veterans and their families - programs to assist you after an injury, during the transition from military to civilian life, and many other services to help you and your family folowing your service. To learn more, please visit: Veteran's Affairs Canada


Can I file my taxes online?
The Canada Revenue Agency offers electronic services to individuals and to businesses. You can sign-up or login to your CRA MyAccount here: MyAccount

What is the Canada Child Benefit (CCB)? Am I eligible to receive it?
The Canada Child Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18. To learn more, visit: Canada Child Benefit

Where can I find information on the Canada Pension Plan Disability benefit?
The disability benefit is a taxable monthly payment that is available to people who have contributed to the CPP and who are not able to work regularly at any job because of a disability. To learn more visit: Disability Benefit

Canada Post

How do I find a postal code on-line?
The Canada Post web site can help you properly address mail. Click here to search for a postal code.

I am having an issue with my mail service. How do I contact Canada Post?
You can contact Canada's Post customer service department through a variety of channels. Follow the link to learn more: Canada Post

How do I contact the office of the Ombudsman at Canada Post?
The ombudsman is the final appeal authority in resolving customer complaints, including complaints regarding Canada Post's compliance with the Canadian Postal Service Charter. You must first contact Canada Post Customer Service before appealing to the ombudsman. To contact the Ombudsman, visit: The Office of the Ombudsman at Canada Post.

Students and Youth

What student loan programs are available to me?
Student Financial Assistance, including loans and grants, is available to eligible students through provincial, territorial and federal governments. Click here to find out more.

What other government programs are available for youth?
Every federal program, benefit, and opportunity for young Canadians can be found here .


How do I apply for Employment Insurance (EI)?
Apply on-line or contact the EI section of Service Canada.

How do I find a federal job and / or training?
View the Government of Canada Jobs, Workers, Training & Careers web page.

How do I obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number used in the administration of various Canadian government programs. You will require a SIN to work in Canada or to receive government benefits. Please visit Service Canada to apply.

General Inquiries

Where can I find information about the Government of Canada?
Phone 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) or visit canada.ca

How do I replace lost ID cards?
The Government of Canada has a list of helpful hints on which agencies you should contact , and how to contact each one.

Health and Safety

Where can I find advisories on food, drugs, medical services, natural health products and consumer products?
Health Canada helps protect Canadians from potential health hazards by releasing warnings / advisories on food, drugs, medical devices, natural health products and consumer products.

Where can I find information on Public Safety in Canada?
Click here  for up to date information on Public Safety in Canada.


Where can I find information about the Prime Minister? How do I contact the Prime Minister?
You can find information on the Prime Minister and Cabinet by visiting www.pm.gc.ca.

How can I find information on Canada's Parliament?
The Parliament of Canada website, created and maintained jointly by the Senate, the House of Commons and the Library of Parliament, offers information on Canada's Parliament.


How do I apply for a Passport?
If you are planning a trip abroad, even to the United States, it is necessary to have a Canadian passport as proof of identity and Canadian citizenship. For information on how to obtain a passport, please visit one of the regional passport offices or download an application .

Note: Urgent or express services are available for emergency or compassionate reasons on a case-by-case basis. These services are available only for those applicants who can apply in person at a regional office and who provide proof to justify the urgency.

Where can I find official government advice on international travel?
View the Department of Foreign Affairs travel advisory web page

I want to see more of Canada. Where should I go?
Find travel information relevant to Canada's many beautiful historic sites and attractions.

How can I plan to visit some of Canada's National Parks and Historic Sites?
Parks Canada  Vacation Planners assist you in planning a visit to Canada's National Parks and National Historic Sites.

Other Government Questions? Visit www.Canada.ca to find information on any number of federal government programs.

Main Office - Toronto
2800 Keele St. - Unit 2
Toronto, Ontario
M3M 0B8

Note: Closed to walk-ins until further notice due to COVID-19. Please email or phone for inquiries.


Show Map

Hill Office
Suite 1050, Valour Building
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Mail may be sent postage-free to the parliamentary offices of Members of Parliament.


Show Map